Thursday, August 21, 2008

Democrat vs Republican


Out of the Mouth of babes!


I'm reminded of the time that Catherine - a little girl in our neighborhood
- told me that she wanted to be President one day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there with us, and I
asked Catherine - 'If you were President, what would be the first thing you
would do?'

Catherine replied - I would give houses to all the homeless people.'

Wow - what a worthy goal you have there, Catherine.' I told her, as both
parents beamed. 'But, you don't have to wait until you're President to do
that. You can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the
back yard, and I will pay you $5 dollars . Then we can go over to the
grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5
dollars to save toward a new house.'

Catherine (who was about 4) thought that over for a second, and then replied
'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop himself, and you can pay him the $5 dollars?'

Welcome to the Republican Party, Catherine...

No comments: